skip to main content

Cedar Springs Public Schools

Purpose. Potential. Pride.
Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Visit the School District Finder. Enter your physical address and the map will provide you with your resident school district information.

If you live in Kent County, visit Access Kent. Select Property Search from the Online Services drop down menu. Enter your physical address information. The school district will be listed under the Parcel Information.
If your resident school district is within the Kent County boundaries, you will need to complete the Kent ISD Schools of Choice application. If your resident school district is outside the Kent County boundaries, but borders Kent County, you will need to complete the 105c Schools of Choice application. Schools of Choice is only open during certain times of the school year. Visit our Schools of Choice page for more information. If your child currently attends Cedar Springs Public Schools, and you have moved outside of the district, please contact the registrar.
Yes, Campus Kids Child Care. This is a state-licensed child care service located on the campus of Cedar Springs Public Schools. Visit the Campus Kids Child Care webpage for more information.
If you enroll your child during the school year, the transportation department will contact you by phone to provide you with your child's bus information (location, time, bus number, etc.)

If you enroll your child before the first day of school, you will be sent a notification letter with your child's bus information listed (location, time, bus number, etc.) Click here for more information.
Once the Registrar completes the registration, it is a general rule that kids will start within 48 hours. After your appointment with the Registrar, school personnel will complete the student's enrollment into classes and/or assign a teacher and notify the parent/guardian.
Visit the Lunch App webpage to complete your application for the Cedar Springs Free or Reduced Lunch program. This website is confidential, quick and efficient. You will be informed of your qualification status as soon as the processing of your application is complete. Applications for the school year are accepted from July 1 through June 30. If you are applying for the next school year, you MUST wait until July 1 to complete this application.
R1TS stands for Region 1 Transition Services. The R1TS Programs are Transition specific classes for young adult students who have special needs and live within the Region 1, Kent County School Districts. The school districts include: Cedar Springs, Comstock Park, Kenowa Hills, Kent City, Northview, Rockford and Sparta.

All R1TS participants must have completed at least four years of high school where they have met the academic requirements for a certificate of completion, but need additional support in reaching their Transition goals.

R1TS #3 ~ Cedar Springs is designed for participants who need training in regards to safety, communication, and social skills necessary for community integration. Participants do not require one-on-one supervision but practice in small groups at the base site or community environments and through volunteer activities.