McKinney-Vento 'Homeless Resources'
Cedar Springs Public Schools’ homeless program is provided collaboratively with the Kent Intermediate School District and the State of Michigan. In accordance with the McKinney-Vento Homeless Act of 2001, our program strives to eliminate barriers to education for homeless children and youth by addressing and supporting the educational needs of students who find themselves in temporary or transitional housing during the school year.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is the purpose of the McKinney-Vento Education for Homeless Children and Youth (McKinney-Vento) program?
- What is the statutory authority for the McKinney-Vento program?
- What is meant by the term "homeless children and youth"?
- Where can Homeless children and youth attend school?
- Can students experiencing homelessness be denied enrollment for lacking paperwork that is normally required for enrollment?