Cedar Springs Public Schools invites our students, parents, and community to enjoy holiday music concerts!
All events will be held in the Cedar Springs High School Auditorium
- Middle Level bands performance on Tuesday, December 6 at 7 p.m.
- High school bands and choir performance, Thursday, December 8 at 7 p.m.
- High school bands and choir performance, Friday, December 9 at 7 p.m.
- Cedar View Elementary and Beach Elementary choir performance, Saturday, December 10 at 6:30 p.m.
- Middle Level choir performance, Wednesday, December 14 at 7 p.m.
Recent studies show a link between nutrition and learning. A nutritious breakfast helps students be more alert allowing them to actively participate in class. This is why Cedar Springs Public Schools (CSPS) will be participating in the Universal Free Breakfast Program starting Tuesday, January 3, 2023. Breakfast will be free to ALL students regardless of income status in all of our buildings!
In addition, CSPS will be covering the cost of lunch for students who have qualified for reduced-price lunches, making these free for those who are enrolled in the program. If you have not filled out the reduced meal application, you can do so by visiting the family portal online and click on ‘apply for benefits’.
We are excited to offer breakfast to all our students as another way to support their academic success! If you have additional questions, you can reach out to our food services department at 616-696-0372.
Recently, the MiMTSS Technical Assistance Center recognized our School at the Gold Level for our work toward implementing a Multi-Tiered System of Support in the area of Behavior and Reading!
By implementing MTSS, we increase the consistency of effective instruction, build staff knowledge and skills to equitably support all learners, use data to proactively identify and provide support for students, and create a positive culture that nurtures relationships with students and their families, and communities. This strong foundation helps learners gain the skills needed to realize their life dreams!
MTSS Data Utilization Award Recipients in Behavior for District Reading at Elementary Schools.
GOLD MTSS Implementation and Impact Award for the District
Silver: High School, Middle School, Red Hawk Intermediate
Bronze: Cedar Trails, Beach
Silver: Cedar View
Bronze: Cedar Trails
Due to a shortage of bus drivers, effective Monday, October 10, 2022, we will be adjusting a few of our AM and PM bus routes.
New bus information was sent home with students on Thursday, October 6, 2022, if their bus route will be impacted by this change.
If you have any additional questions, please contact our busing garage between 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. at 616-696-1450.
Cedar Springs Public Schools
Non-selective Herbicide Spray for Unwanted Vegetation
August 3, 2022 - Application to all fence perameters
August 4, 2022 - Application to all paved areas at Middle School, High School, and Hilltop
August 5, 2022 - Application to all paved areas at Beach, Cedar View, Cedar Trails, and Maintenance/Bus Garage
August 6, 2022 - Application to playgrounds and landscape beds
August 19-20, 2022 - Final touch-up if needed
All dates are weather permitting.
Cedar Springs Public Schools is excited to welcome back students for the 2022-2023 school year! With the first day of school just around the corner (Wednesday, August 24, 2022), we want to make sure you and your student(s) are ready for a successful ‘22-’23 school year!
Look for an additional email on Friday, August 19 from the school your student(s) will be attending. These will include school-specific information needed for the first day of school. Below you will find general information and clarification on what to expect in the upcoming weeks!
Important Documents and Information:
- View the 22-23 Academic Calendar and become familiar with the school year
- View 22-23 Supply Lists (K-5)
- Welcome Letters and Teacher Assignments (K-5), will be emailed Friday, August 12
- Middle Level (6-8 grades) tentative schedules will be available to view in PowerSchool the week of August 8, 2022
School Building Hours
- High School will re-open Wednesday, August 17, 2022
- Elementary School & Middle-Level buildings will re-open on Wednesday, August 10, 2022
- Cedar View Elementary will tentatively re-open Wednesday, August 17, 2022
- Red Hawk Building will tentatively re-open Friday, August 19, 2022
- Please call prior to stopping in, as the open date may change based on construction
Open Houses/Orientations Dates for Fall
- Cedar Trails Elementary - August, 22, from 5-6 p.m.
- Beach Elementary - August 22, from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Cedar View Elementary - August 22, from 6-7 p.m.
- Red Hawk Intermediate - Date to be determined, will be orientation-style for students
- Middle School - Date to be determined, will be orientation-style for students
- High School - August 18, 2022
- 10th Grade Orientation, 8-10 a.m.
- 11th Grade Orientation, 9:15-11:15 a.m.
- 12th Grade Orientation, 10:30-12:30 a.m.
- 9th Grade Orientation, 12:30-2:30 p.m.
If you are unable to attend the scheduled open house or orientation, please contact the school building directly for further information.
Bus letters will go out to registered students by August 10, 2022, including busing information. If you do not receive a letter regarding transportation by Monday, August 15, please contact the Transportation Department at 616-696-1450 (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. -5 p.m.).
No transportation changes can be made between 9 a.m. Tuesday, August 23, and 9 a.m. Wednesday, 24, 2022.
If your student plans to play sports in the ‘22-’23 school year, make sure you have created an account on FinalForms, uploaded a physical (must be dated after 4/15/22), and added any pay-to-play payments. Once registered you will opt-in to receive athletic communications. Tryouts for High School Athletes will take place starting the week of August 8.
If you have questions, reach out to our Athletic Department at 616-696-9080.
Lunch Account/Free and Reduced Meals Application
All families should have received information in regards to submitting a school meal application and creating an account for their student(s) lunch accounts on the new family portal.
Visit the Family Portal if you have not already done so to get your student’s lunch account information set up. Any money that was remaining from last year will transfer into this new account.
- Students K-5 receive Chromebooks to use in their classrooms.
- Students 6-12 will receive Chromebooks at orientation
The district office is open Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m., and can assist with:
Our technology team is getting Chromebooks ready for the 2022-2023 school year. Students were required to turn in their Chromebook on the last day of school.
If you or your student still have a device at home, we ask you to drop it off at our District Office (Hilltop) by August 15.
- Turn in case, power cord, and Chromebook
- Include a note with your first/last name
- 204 E. Muskegon Ave NE, Cedar Springs, MI 49319
- Open Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
For the Chromebook to function properly in the next school year, our technology team needs to perform mandatory updates to these devices. Failure to return it may result in issues using the device in the new school year.
If you have any questions, please contact our technology team at 616-696-1204 x1020.