Important back to school information.
Cedar Springs Public Schools is excited to welcome back students for the 2022-2023 school year! With the first day of school just around the corner (Wednesday, August 24, 2022), we want to make sure you and your student(s) are ready for a successful ‘22-’23 school year!
Look for an additional email on Friday, August 19 from the school your student(s) will be attending. These will include school-specific information needed for the first day of school. Below you will find general information and clarification on what to expect in the upcoming weeks!
Important Documents and Information:
- View the 22-23 Academic Calendar and become familiar with the school year
- View 22-23 Supply Lists (K-5)
- Welcome Letters and Teacher Assignments (K-5), will be emailed Friday, August 12
- Middle Level (6-8 grades) tentative schedules will be available to view in PowerSchool the week of August 8, 2022
School Building Hours
- High School will re-open Wednesday, August 17, 2022
- Elementary School & Middle-Level buildings will re-open on Wednesday, August 10, 2022
- Cedar View Elementary will tentatively re-open Wednesday, August 17, 2022
- Red Hawk Building will tentatively re-open Friday, August 19, 2022
- Please call prior to stopping in, as the open date may change based on construction
Open Houses/Orientations Dates for Fall
- Cedar Trails Elementary - August, 22, from 5-6 p.m.
- Beach Elementary - August 22, from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Cedar View Elementary - August 22, from 6-7 p.m.
- Red Hawk Intermediate - Date to be determined, will be orientation-style for students
- Middle School - Date to be determined, will be orientation-style for students
- High School - August 18, 2022
- 10th Grade Orientation, 8-10 a.m.
- 11th Grade Orientation, 9:15-11:15 a.m.
- 12th Grade Orientation, 10:30-12:30 a.m.
- 9th Grade Orientation, 12:30-2:30 p.m.
If you are unable to attend the scheduled open house or orientation, please contact the school building directly for further information.
Bus letters will go out to registered students by August 10, 2022, including busing information. If you do not receive a letter regarding transportation by Monday, August 15, please contact the Transportation Department at 616-696-1450 (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. -5 p.m.).
No transportation changes can be made between 9 a.m. Tuesday, August 23, and 9 a.m. Wednesday, 24, 2022.
If your student plans to play sports in the ‘22-’23 school year, make sure you have created an account on FinalForms, uploaded a physical (must be dated after 4/15/22), and added any pay-to-play payments. Once registered you will opt-in to receive athletic communications. Tryouts for High School Athletes will take place starting the week of August 8.
If you have questions, reach out to our Athletic Department at 616-696-9080.
Lunch Account/Free and Reduced Meals Application
All families should have received information in regards to submitting a school meal application and creating an account for their student(s) lunch accounts on the new family portal.
Visit the Family Portal if you have not already done so to get your student’s lunch account information set up. Any money that was remaining from last year will transfer into this new account.
- Students K-5 receive Chromebooks to use in their classrooms.
- Students 6-12 will receive Chromebooks at orientation
The district office is open Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m., and can assist with:
- Back to School
- District News