We ask all families to submit a school meal application to ensure all students have continued access to our nutritious meals.
The school meal applications are used for much more than just certifying students for free or reduced-price school meals. Filling out an application can help your family and the district by:
- Making the district eligible for additional funding from state and federal programs.
- Qualify your family for discount rates on home internet service.
- Qualify you for reduced registration fees on AP, SAT, and/or ACT tests.
- It may also qualify you for discounted rates associated with college admissions.
Every eligible form counts and adds valuable resources to our district. Parents can begin applying for meal applications for the 2023-2024 school year starting today. The application is located in the Family Portal. Once your account has been created, you also can add money to your student's lunch account to purchase a la carte items (not covered under free meals).
To apply, visit our new Family Portal (also used for student lunch accounts)
- Create an account using your email
- Follow the steps once you receive your confirmation email
- Once logged into your account click 'Benefits'
- Review the information on the next two pages and click next
- Add from the drop-down benefits type if applicable and click next
- Add all children living in your home to your account - once done click next
- Add all adults living in your home - once done click next
- Click on the parent to add household income
- Follow the next steps for demographic information
- Review to make sure all information is accurate
- Sign the application and click finish
Completing an application takes less than 10 minutes and you only need to complete one application per family. Applications are completely confidential and will not be shared outside of the school food service office. Since your family’s financial situation may change from year to year, you must fill out a new application each school year.
If you do not know your student ID number, please email our food services department, or call them at 616-696-0372.
Thank you for taking the time to submit your application.